Sunday, January 29, 2006

Hoping this was a joke

This appeared on a website about dumb newsgroups. I sincerely hope this was a joke but I fear otherwise....The Six Dumbest Newsgroups: "From Kathleen Gee:
I realize you think people who talk about dogs and cats are boring, which is your right. (If you think those people are boring, hang around people who talk about nothing but their kids. Shoot me now!) And I realize you think discussions about pet rats are absurd which, again, is also your right. I just wanted you to realize that pet lab rats and the wild sewer rats that eat garbage outside your window have as much in common as dogs do with wolves. They're related genetically, and that's about it. Pet rats know their names, come when they're called, learn to do tricks, and become devoted. I had to return early from a trip once when my husband called me and told me my rat Tailspin had stopped eating and was dying from apparent loneliness. I'll never forget the reunion. Tailspin leapt over six feet into my arms the moment he saw me. Does he sound like garbage-eating vermin to you? If you want a small pet, rats are much better than chihuahuas. For one thing, they don't try to bite your ankles when you aren't looking. I realize people don't understand, and I don't expect them to. I certainly don't expect you to now find rats adorable. I just wanted you to know that rat groups aren't all that stupid — if you happen to like rats. As for the rest of your picks, no argument from me."

No comments: