Thursday, January 19, 2006

Other stupid rules of thumb

Another stupid rule of thumb: Don't wear white after labor day. Why? Is it because the weather will get it dirty? Well, summer is a pretty dirty time of year too what with the smog, grass stains, barbecuing juices, salt water, fresh water, sweat, etc....And does that mean you can only not wear white from Labor Day to New Year's? I mean technically, come January 1 it's before Labor Day, and with the rule explicitly stating after Labor Day, I'm thinking it's a go come Jan 1.

And what is a rule of thumb? Where did that expression come from? The only rules I have for my thumb is stay outta holes you have no business being in. Other than, I let my thumb run the show from it's end....rules of thumb...we are a silly species....

No comments: