Monday, January 16, 2006

The Must Have Music

I rarely go spoutin' off about music nowadays. It's just hard to find anything unique enough or good enough to spend a bunch of thought on...or even a little thought for that matter.

Until this past christmahanukwanzaamas, Lady X got me three CD's, two of which I haven't been able to put down. My favorite CD right now is Jamie Foxx's Unpredictable. It's like the rebirth of R. Kelly both with Jamie's vocal range, and Jamie doesn't leave you with disturbing thoughts when you ponder upon his possible inspirations for some of the freakier stuff. Three Letter Word is my favorite.

My second in cd command is Dwele's Some Kinda. Neo soul with identifiable lyrics, hot beats on every track, and great delivery makes this the chill cd of the new year. Favorite jam? Flapjacks.....

The other CD was Anthony Hamilton. The only reason that I haven't gotten into this is because of the previous two compositions. I can't get Jamie or Dwele in and out of the stereo fast enough leaving little time for me to get into Mr. Hamilton. From the couple of times I listened, it was okay though.....

No comments: