Tuesday, March 01, 2005

dedication

Yep it's 1:50 am and I'm working. I guess I deserve it. Could have done some things different that would have probably resulted in my sleeping now but no, my lack of willpower has bitten me again.

Weird dream last night. I was in the this room with like 20 other people. And this nondescript person walks in and tells us it's our last chance to leave. No one else leaves so I decide to stay as well. Then the room gets taken hostage. So being the good husband that I am, I realize I need to step outside and tell the wife that I'm going to be late on account of being taken hostage. Strangely enough, I'm allowed to go into the other room to make said phone call. When I return (don't remember much about the phone call), everyone in the room has been killed, so I turn and run into the closet to hide thinking maybe they forgot that I had to step out. Lo' and behold a woman comes to my closet and points a gun at me. Then she starts talking (about what I'm not certain) but as she is talking I grab the gun and make a run for it, well I don't grab the gun I redirect it's aim. So now I'm running down a street in any suburb, Usa and I am being chased by this woman and a guy I work with who used to be affiliated in some form or another with the Nation of Islam. I'm thinking, why are you after me of all people? Somehow, I end up with a shotgun and hold up another lady who's washing her car or doing yard work and ask her to drive me to the airport so I can get back to Atlanta. She agrees, mainly because of the shotgun, and I'm sitting in the backseat. As we drive I feel like everyone on the road is following us so I lay down. As I'm laying there, my stomach starts to hurt....then I wake up and go pee....and I'm kinda pissed 'cuz I could've woken up anytime instead of being scared half to death.

No comments: