Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The Media

Last night I was angered again by the media. Apparently, there is some scandal concerning Atlanta Boy Scouts organizations inflating their numbers for monetary purposes. What angers me is that for the two hours or so of primetime that I kept seeing the promo for this story, they show Black Boy Scouts.

Now think about this....when you think Boy Scouts....do you ever picture black Boy Scouts. I know I don't. Not to say that there aren't any but in no way is the Boy Scout organization a huge pillar in the black community. But lo and behold, a scandal rocks the organization and the only footage CBS news 46 in Atlanta can find is footage of black boy scouts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since the scandal involves the council inflating the number of black boy scouts on their rolls and that it was brought to the public's attention by the black community, I think that is why they showed that footage. Besides, black boy scouts recently protested the continual delay of the audit the council was supposed to have finished by January.