Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Me and the wifey

Me and Mrs. Xpinionated noted last night how Paula Abdul is always making comments concerning pitch and tone to the contestants on American Idol. You know, it would be one thing if Paula Abdul were a serious singer. Or even if she could carry a tune in a bar....but let's get serious, 'Straight Up Now Tell Me' is not going to go down in the songstress hall of fame. 'Opposites attract'? It had an animated cat in the video, and no one seems to be able to remember exactly how the damn song goes. And me and Mrs. X tried our damndest last night to remember to no avail.

And since I brought American Idol up, I'll admit I will watch the show with the wifey in order to spend time together. Hell, I'll even admit to enjoying the first few episodes when I get to see all the people who didn't make it. But this year's crop of contestants truly, truly, truly, truly suck. Don't know if I an emphasize it any more than they are awfully nasty. Embarrassing even. It's a crop like this that could cancel a show. Of course, now that I can vote with my Cingular phone, there's no reason to.....

No comments: