Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Lyfe Jennings

HOTT! This CD is off the chain in a ridiculous way. The entire CD is one story with an explanation between each song which acts as a transition between one chapter in Lyfe's life. I picked it up for no particular reason other than I'm pretty damn tired of radio airplay B.S. I wasn't sure if it was gonna be hip hop or R&B especially since Lyfe definitely has the thug life going on. But this cat can sing! It's been a long time since I had the words for the songs in front of me and tried to sing along. Definitely check this CD out....

I also bought Jean Grae, female lyrical artist. Haven't decided how I feel about it yet? There are some things have caught my attention like when I first bought Bahamadia but I have to give it another listen.

I also bought Mos Def's new CD. It's in the car deck now...I'm on the fence right now with that one too.

Lastly, (yeah I went a little crazy at Best Buy last night), I copped Anthony Hamilton. Liked it through the first eight songs are so but then started to tune it out. Not necessarily because of the music but it just happened.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lyfe ,is the best song writer since R.kelly i love him i've been watching him since the apollo keep on do'in what you do'in!!!!