Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Something isn't right in my world. I can't seem to stay in a good mood for any extended period of time unless I've been drinking. I think part of it is not being particularly happy with the ol' jobby job. But there's something else and I can't put my finger on it.

I need to find another source of income. I became very accustomed to the kind of money made as a contract worker. Yeah, now I have benefits but I only go for medical attention a couple times a year if that. And with the money I was making before, I could afford to pay for the treatments. Now, I feel like I'm always broke and I hate that feeling.

I hate getting out of the bed in the morning just so I can sit in traffic. I bet that if I would have had to drive through Atlanta traffic when I first moved to Atlanta, I probably wouldn't have stayed here. I mean it is almost impossible to have a good start to your weekday when you have to sit in traffic like this. I have a plan for that though.

People should have assigned departure times from their homes. If you miss your departure time, you have to wait an hour or two. Too bad so sad. OR, corporate America should allow employees to arrive at their leisure. This way, employees who have no obligation to leave their abodes early ie kids or something can come in a little later and stay a little later. It works for all parties involved because Corporate America gets to extend it's workday and employees are less stressed with traffic concerns......

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I agree about having a felxible schedule. Where I live it is not a big issue as I live in a smaller town in Illinois. Traffic is not like in Atlanta or bigger cities. Thanks for visiting my site. http://suzy1270.sdf-us.org/blog/

Suzanne said...

I meant to say that traffic is not a big issue sorry for the typeo there.