Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Thursday Night!!

Yours truly will be in attendance as the Hokies meet Ga Tech at Bobby Dodd stadium. The game will be televised on ESPN's Thursday night football. I can't wait...I don't even know if my seats are particularly good but I will be trying to bring the feel of the game to the website (provided I bring my camera which I have a horrible habit of forgetting for key events).

This game scares me a little bit. It seems as if the Yellow Jackets are up again down again and that always makes them a dangerous team. Add to that, a national TV audience on a Thursday night and anything is possible.

But what scares me most is this is the time of the year the Hokies tend to struggle most, at least in years past. Granted most of that was due to a sudden uptick in level of competition but it still is a cause for concern for me.

My Prediction: Va Tech will continue with the ball control offense hopefully getting big games out of Imoh and Randall. The X-factor in this game may be the Hokies ability to contain this Ga Tech offense. They haven't exploded yet andlet's hope that is still the case come Friday morning. Hokies 27, Ga Tech 14.

No comments: