Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Jamaica Continued

So half way to the resort, the driver pulls off the road. He gets out of the vehicle and starts talking to some dude that we passed fifty yards back. A couple of minutes later, as we and two other couples anxiously await the outcome of this unexpected stop, the driver returns. . . . . with another passenger. Just some friend of his that needs a ride......this too would resurface as we left the resort headed to the airport.

A little while later, we stop at a roadside bar....and I mean ROADSIDE BAR. This place had no entry point. You get off the bus and there's the counter for beer, a table with various knickknacks etc. At this point, the driver comes to me and is real buddy buddy. He asks me if I like to party. Luckily one of the other couples on the bus had informed me that this question really means do you want some drugs (presumably weed but who knows nowadays). For the record I declined. But that got me to wondering, of the six folks on the bus, am I the one that resembles a pot head?

To be continued

No comments: