Thursday, December 30, 2004

Much Needed Break

The Lakers pulled out a victory Tuesday night though the final score is quite deceiving. The Lakers finished on a 32 - 8 run on Toronto to win 117 - 99 as Kobe Bryant recorded a season high 48 points. This also marks the first 40+ point performance by Kobe in a winning effort.

The Lakers are now on a four day break where hopefully Coach Rudy T will confront the love of the 3 point shot by these Lakers. I believe they hoisted up a franchise high 36 three's against Miami. I hate to think how many games we lost because of quick 3's when we could have tried to penetrate and get the foul. I also would like to see more of Luke Walton in the game....I think he needs to play on a regular basis to be the contributor he can be. Devean George is showing signs of being able to make it back. Vlade Divac should be traded as soon as possible though I can't think of anyone who would take him off of our hands. I do like Brian Grant's energy the past couple of games....he's not the most athletic anymore but he will battle anybody. I'm torn between Caron Butler starting (too erratic) and Jumaine Jones (streaky shooter) starting. I lean toward Jones because he plays decent defense and doesn't make a whole lot of mistakes. Butler seems to make mistakes and then get down on himself a little bit to me.....

The Lakers are currently on a sub 50 win season at 46-36. We need to go on a run at some point. We had an opportunity given our current 6 game homestand but we're only 2 - 3 since December 17. Also, this is the Lakers first non winning (it's not quite a losing record either. . . except by Lakers standards) month since some time in 2003 at 6 - 6.

No comments: