Friday, November 12, 2004

Christmas Hoopla

Is anyone else absolutely disgusted at how early people start celebrating\preparing for Christmas? Here in the States (can't really call them the United States but I don't talk politics), there were signs of Christmas preparations before Halloween. That means there are two major holidays before the big un and it disgusts me. In our neighborhood, someone already has Christmas lights up. Each year they start earlier and earlier. I imagine soon Christmas in July won't be just a joke or a weekly sales advertisement.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very much totally with you on this. People, hello... one holiday at a time. What's the rush any way. Did you also notice winter time have summer clothing displayed and summer time have all the winter jacket all ready. So rediculious.

Anonymous said...

Amen! I guess I shouldn't have been surprised to see the dancing Santas at Wally World before Halloween, but sheesh! Let's get one holiday over before starting another. Maybe it's a little "bah humbug" of me, but I get sick of seeing Christmas decorations up for two months. At *least* wait until the day after Thanksgiving.

Rowan
http://rowan.blogdrive.com