Monday, November 08, 2004

McDonald's Scam

Has anyone ever seen a million dollar McDonald's monopoly winner? Or any McD's monopoly winner that won more than a free sno cone or french fries.

As I stated in an earlier post, I get all excited about monopoly at McD's. But as I mature, relatively speaking, I find myself rather bitter. I have eaten at this establishment considerably more than I normally would just for monopoly pieces. I've even won several little to no value prizes from their second chance game....Ironically, I was unable to win any of their good prizes in that same second chance game.

Even further, I have never....ever.......ever seen a boardwalk piece. Here's my theory...the McDonald's on the east coast are all sent a set of pieces ie Park Place and Illinois Ave. But all the Boardwalks are sent to the west coast. This way the chances of one person getting both pieces is slim to none. And personally, I think they do that with all of the prize groups....it disgusts me. I think we should write a petition to find out how many people have ever actually won the million bucks. As well as a list of winners who won something over $500.................are u wit me??!?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or maybe we east coasters should get together with the west coasters and go about making a joint effort on the Monopoly pieces!

I like McDonald's. I hate Monopoly... bad memories. Oh, the trauma!

Great blog, btw! I am enjoying it immensely.

Rowan
http://rowan.blogdrive.com

Xpinionated said...

I've thought about doing that but I have a short attention span and a tendency towards procrastination that has single handedly kept me living paycheck to paycheck......Thanks for the blog compliment!

Anonymous said...

Actually this was a big scandal a few years ago. The person in charge of security for the program, who's job it was was to make sure no one cheated, was cheating. He'd give the winning pieces to people he knew and they would give him a kickback.

Eventually it all fell apart.